Insuring Communal Areas

In Scotland, communal buildings insurance is a type of insurance policy that covers the buildings and common areas of shared ownership or tenancy properties. This type of policy is often taken out by the property factor on behalf of the property owners or tenants.

The coverage of communal buildings insurance typically includes damage caused by fire, flood, storm, and other natural disasters, as well as theft and vandalism. In some cases, the policy may also provide liability coverage for accidents that occur on the property.

It's important to note that the specific terms and coverage of communal buildings insurance can vary depending on the property and the insurer.